A footballing father who had just welcomed newborn twins to the world has been left fighting for survival after a horrific accident at work just a few days before Christmas.
Thirty three year old scaffolder Jamie Milne has had to have his arm and leg amputated following the incident in which he was electrocuted. Mr Milne, who is also a semi professional footballer has had to have two limbs and all the toes on his other foot taken off.
The father of two, who is from Somerset, has now been placed in an induced coma to give him the best chance of survival. His partner Harley and his twin daughters Isabella and Savannah have spent what is their first Christmas as a family without him. They have left his presents unopened under the tree and are desperately praying that he is able to come home to open them.
Leaving presents under the tree
Harley said that the twins opened presents from other members of the family, but that some remained under the tree because her partner was so looking forward to the first Christmas with his little girls.
Family friend Ian Kennedy has now set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for Mr Milne. While a target was set of £20,000, £14,000 was raised in less than a day. Mr Kennedy said his friend was honest and hardworking and provided for his beautiful family.
He added: “To have your life change in the blink of an eye must be devastating. Our heart goes out to Jamie because we know the road ahead of him is going to be a difficult one.” No further details about Mr Milne’s accident have yet been released, but health and safety inspectors and police are understood to have launched an investigation into the incident, which happened in Swindon.